One of the most exciting parts of getting married is watching your beautiful dream wedding come to life. During that process, you get to decide when you want to tie the knot. Every season has its unique advantages. Indeed, regardless of when you get married in France, your event will surely be beautiful and memorable. That being said, it’s essential to choose a season that suits your preferences. If you're planning a wedding in France and are wondering about the merits of tying the knot in each season, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s take a look!
Winter: White Wonderland
Winter is characterized by cold weather and snowfall. If you’re planning a wedding in France between January and February, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of a French winter wedding. Here are the benefits of getting married in this season:
- Natural white backdrop. A fresh snowfall during your wedding day will make the event more dreamy. The cold weather also makes for a more intimate gathering, causing guests to huddle close to each other. Snow makes for a magnificent natural white backdrop, helping to bring out all the colors you decide to add for decor. Snow makes for a truly magical wedding in France!Snow makes for a truly magical wedding in France!
- The season for desserts. Winter is a time for feasting! You can take advantage of your guests’ willingness to be filled with hearty treats, from hot cocoa bars to a flood of comfort food. And of course, don’t forget the champagne!
Spring: Fresh Florals
No matter where you are in the world, spring is a lovely season. In France, we enjoy the wondrous feelings of hope and new beginnings that spring brings from March to May. Here are some reasons why you may want to get married in France during springtime:
- Naturally beautiful. This season is just naturally romantic and beautiful. It also signifies hope and new beginnings. Indeed, the moment you tie the knot is a new beginning as a married couple!
- Guests are more available. Because spring comes after the holiday season, you’ll most likely get a hold of the people you want to invite as they probably won’t be away on holiday.
- More wardrobe options. Because the weather in spring is somewhat forgiving, you can opt for just about any style of garment you want to wear. Whether the bride wants a long-sleeved or sleeveless gown, she’ll be spoiled for choice. The groom and other gentlemen will have more selections as well.
Summer: Sunset Wonder
Summer is characterized by warm, beautiful weather. If you decide to get married in France between June and August, bad weather is unlikely to be an issue. Here are other benefits of getting married during this season:
- Fun and versatile menu. If you opt for a summer wedding, you can get creative with the menu. There will be a wider variety of options to choose from, as the caterers will have access to local cheese, ripe and newly harvested fruits, and even fresh meat.
- Long days and comfy nights. The sun is up for a longer time during summer, so you can enjoy natural daylight longer during summer. This means more photos under the sun! Evening temperatures are comfortable as well - not too hot nor too cold.
Fall: Rustic Reception
You’ll fall even deeper in love when you get married in fall! Autumn months in France are from September to December, and this season means cold weather that won’t make you shiver. Here are some reasons why you’d want to schedule your wedding in the fall:
- Ultimate outdoor weather. Fall weather is perfect for outdoor gatherings, as it’s not too hot, cold, dry, nor too humid. The lovely colors of fall also make for a rustic wedding theme.
- Deep color themes. If you’re drawn to deeper color palettes—think red, orange, purple, bronze, green, and gold—then fall is the best season if you want to leverage Mother Nature’s natural decor. For some inspiration on beautiful autumn flowers, check out this blog "30 Fall Wedding Bouquets That Are So Gorgeous, You'll Wish They Could Last Forever".
Are you Planning a Wedding in France?
As you plan your perfect French fairytale wedding, make sure you take the season into consideration. There is no right or wrong time to get married here - it simply depends on what type of wedding you dream to have.
Why stress out over planning a French destination wedding when you could leave it to the experts here at The Impeccable Pear? No matter whether you choose to get married during winter, spring, summer, or fall, we’re here to bring your dream to life. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and anticipate the special day when you and your special someone vow to love each other for the rest of your lives! Why not get in touch with us today to discuss your ideas?